KENT – Kent State University recently conferred degrees to Spring graduates during commencement exercises May 9 and 10 in the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center on the Kent Campus.
The university awarded 738 associate degrees, 2557 bachelor’s degrees and 827 graduate degrees to students.
Of the 1215 bachelor’s degree students graduating with academic honors, 318 earned summa cum laude distinction with a 3.8 to 4.0 grade point average, while 339 were magna cum laude (3.60 to 3.79) and 558 were cum laude (3.3 to 3.59).
A total of 143 associate degree students graduated with distinction. The “with Distinction” honor is awarded when associate degree students achieve a GPA of 3.5 or better for all undergraduate coursework and have completed a minimum of 32 credit hours at Kent State University.
The following local and area students were recognized during the commencement exercises:
• Leslie King, graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Elizabeth Heibertshausen, graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science
• Lauren Meyer, graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
• Kyle Smetzler, Clyde graduated with a Bachelor Business Administration;
• Erica Hamilton, graduated with a Bachelor of Science.